Moving Day Help
Moving is a huge, and daunting chore. There are so many things to think about that sometimes items fall through the cracks, so here is a checklist to help you on your way to your new home!
· Remove and dispose of all unnecessary possessions.
· If your utilizing a moving company, call for quotes
· Begin a file with documents you may need at your fingertips like: school records, medical records and motor vehicle records
· If you moving out of town or out of state begin locating the essentials like: health care professionals, schools, and insurance agent
About three weeks prior to move:
· Notify important people about your change of address: Post office, banks, credit card companies, state motor vehicle department, and forward all magazine subscriptions.
· Call the utility companies for both the home you are leaving and the home you are moving to. Here is the list if you are buying one of our Bozeman homes for sale: Helpful Numbers.
· As you start to pack boxes, label them carefully so locating items is easier at your new home.
· Set up child care for moving day, you will find it much less stressful!
· Make sure you pack an essentials box and make it simple to locate, it can include change of clothes, toiletries, the file with important documents, and other items.
· Plan to transport perishables, pets and plants separately.
· Get plenty of sleep the night before!
While it is an exciting day, it can also cause stress and heartburn, so plan well and breathe often. It will be wonderful to be settled into your new home, so stay focused on the end result. If you are ready to start thinking about this process, whether you are located in town or out of state and are considering the Gallatin Valley, please call or email us, we would be delighted to assist in you inrelocating to Bozeman, Montana.
Jenifer Owens Broker/Owner
BozemanMontanaRealEstate.net 2149 Durston Ste 33 Bozeman, MT 59718 Cell: 406-209-0022