Holiday Cheer Week 2 – Home for the Holiday’s

We made it to the holiday’s… and she made it home!  It’s always hard when your kids grow up and leave home.  I have been so excited these last few weeks waiting for my daughter to come home for Christmas.  She opted to go to school about 1,200 miles from home.  This doesn’t make it easy to mother her (however, it has crossed my mind that she went this far away so I couldn’t mother her as easily :)  Surprisingly after getting here she has made note several times how nice it is to be home, to have a “really nice” bed, ohhh…and the vegetables.  “Can we have lots and lots of vegetables?”  Apparently, even if you think what you are doing isn’t sinking in, it will pop up when you least expect it.  I am so grateful to be spending my Christmas with those that I love and that love me.  Ready or not it’s here so, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!  May the Christmas season be bright and 2015 bring happiness and joy to all.
So in the spirit of home and family, I am going to share my daughter’s favorite way to have vegetables AND her favorite dish.

Baked Vegetables
Choose your favorite vegetable and prepare by washing, cutting, dicing or trimming so the cooked vegetable will be ready to serve.
Olive Oil or Butter (enough to baste the vegetable)
Montreal Steak Seasoning to taste (or salt and pepper and your favorite herbs)
Bake at 350 degrees until tender or to your desired doneness.


 










Fettuccine Alfredo
8 oz uncooked fettuccine
½ cup butter or margarine
½ cup whipping cream
3/cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black or white pepper
Chopped fresh parsley

In large sauce pot, cook fettuccine as directed on package. (I really like the refrigerated or frozen pasta)
While fettuccine is cooking, in 2-quart saucepan, heat butter and whipping cream over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted. Stir in cheese, salt and pepper.
Drain fettuccine; return to sauce pot. Pour sauce over warm fettuccine; stir until fettuccine is well coated. Sprinkle with parsley.


Comments

Popular Posts