The Buzz on Montana Honey Bee Company

There's a new Bozeman local business downtown,  and we're pretty excited about it!

Diedra here. You may or may not know that I work for Bozeman Montana Real Estate.net, remotely, from the Kansas City area. I, like most other folks who visit Bozeman, am in love with Bozeman and southwest Montana, in general. Luckily, due to my stellar job, I have the privilege of visiting Bozeman once or twice per year.
Every time I get to come visit, I try my best to take a little time to simply take in Bozeman. On my most recent trip up, Jen and I were perusing Main Street on foot when we almost walked right past an adorable new honey shop tucked just a few steps off Main Street. I LOVE HONEY. Every morning I put a little in my lemon tea. I use it in baked goods, and, frequently, in place of traditional processed sugar in recipes. There was no question, I had to go inside this little shop!  Normally I travel with just a carry-on bag so I don't have to wait on checked bags when I land. I was so excited about this honey that I spent $25 to check my carry-on bag so I could take home a jar of original creamy honey and a jar of lemon creamy honey. Totally worth it!
After I was home, I reached out to Steve and Joyce Thorson, the owners of Montana Honey Bee Co., to let them know how impressed I was, and to see if they would share their story with us here. Turns out, they're about more than just selling delicious honey. They are passionate about educating folks about beekeeping and helping others get their own hives up and running. Here's what owner, Steve Thorson had to share:

Montana Honey Bee Company

Our Roots

The roots of Montana Honey Bee Company started almost 10 years ago with a desire to replace processed sugar. What started out as two boxes of bees has developed into a family owned and operated gourmet honey company. At MHBC we strive to give the incredible honey bee the respect it earns and deserves. You won’t find any plastic squeeze bears in our store. Motivated by the adulterated and often fraudulent honey products found on most grocery store shelves, we only carry and use raw, all natural, unheated, unfiltered honey. Honey that our bees are proud of. At Montana Honey Bee Company we know bees, and we are beekeepers.

Our Honey Products

The first thing you will see when you enter our store is our honey “wall”. We currently offer 6 types of raw honey, 18 flavors of creamy honey, and 7 kinds of
infused honey. Across from the “wall” of honey you will find health and beauty products, all made by us, and all contain raw materials from the beehive. Everything we offer is all natural and contain nothing artificial. Need a last minute gift? How can you go wrong with honey. We also supply many companies with corporate gifts.

Our Business Philosophy

We have been overwhelmed by the response we have received by our customers and now new friends. We tried to pattern our store after the old general store found in small town Montana history. The old general store was not only the place to buy things, but was a gathering place, a place that people were comfortable in. Great customer service is our primary goal. We still believe in the handshake, and on occasion even a hug.
In addition to selling the best honey and honey products on the planet, we also sell all the equipment the hobby beekeeper needs to start their own adventure. We also sell bees, teach classes, and give presentations about honey bees and beekeeping. At MHBC we know bees and love to share this knowledge with anyone who has a minute to listen. Stop in our store and taste the best honey you have ever had. We can’t wait to see you.  Steve and Joyce Thorson
Stop in and check out their shop at 19 S. Tracy Avenue or visit their website here: www.MontanaHoneyBeeCompany.com

Small Businesses Rock!

One of the things I adore about Bozeman , Montana is the way the community supports local small businesses. This is not a characteristic found in just any old community. If you own a small business in the Bozeman area that you'd like me to check out next time I'm up, let me know! You can email me at Diedra@BozemanMontanaRealEstate.net or simply complete a contact form right HERE on our website.

Comments

Popular Posts