THIS Is How To Get It SOLD FAST...
Spring is in the air! While it’s never really a BAD season to list your home, the most popular season in which to list your home is Spring. With that in mind, we at Bozeman Montana Real Estate .net thought we would share a few of our simple tips for getting your home sold FAST.
1. PRICE IT RIGHT. Any real estate agent worth their salt will tell you this is THE MOST IMPORTANT element in selling fast. The majority of buyer traffic will come through your home in the first 30 days it is on the market. If you list your home high with intentions of dropping the price if it doesn’t sell quickly, you are likely missing out on opportunities – resulting in a slower sale and possibly lower sale price.
2. DEEP CLEAN AND DE-CLUTTER. This should be obvious, but sometimes it’s hard to gain perspective on how cluttered your own home truly is. Ask a friend or your real estate agent to walk through your home and give you their impression.
3. "DE-SMELL". Don’t cover scents with heavy perfumes, but rather, open windows to air it out. Run citrus through your garbage disposal or drop a cut up lemon in your trash can. Maybe pop some cookies in the oven on a timer or put a drop of vanilla extract on light bulbs for showings.
4. ADD A LITTLE CURB APPEAL. Literally, stand at your curb and look at your home. Are there any “eye sores” that could be easily remedied? Paint your front door, clean windows/shutters, clean up the walk way, trim shrubs, or even plant some quick, inexpensive annuals to make it pop.
5. STAGE. If you have a good eye, you can do this yourself. Otherwise, you might consider hiring a pro. The idea is to arrange your furnishings in a manner that screams “lots of space and fantastic flow”.
Here’s a testimonial from one of our office staff members who followed these very steps when she sold her last home:
We needed to sell our house ASAP. We had a contract on a bank-owned home stipulating no contingencies. If we didn’t sell our home quickly we were going to end up making two mortgage payments. Friends and family were kind enough to help us get the house in shape over the course of a weekend. We cleaned that place from top to bottom. I’m talking floors, ceilings, windows… even floor joists in our un-finished basement. We did paint touch-ups inside and out, painted our front door and shutters, and planted a little flower bed around a tree in the front yard. We also put almost half of our belongings into storage. Luckily, we were able to store it at a family member’s house, but it would have been well worth the investment to rent a storage unit for one month if necessary. Our home sold the FIRST WEEK it was on the market to THE FIRST PERSON WHO LOOKED AT IT. I recall the buyers’ agent saying she had never been in a home so clean. Both the agent and her client went on and on about what a great house it was from the moment they stepped foot through the front door.
Have any other great tips to add? Feel free to share!