Online Leads and Real Estate: Respect & Privacy of the Online Consumer

Consumers are smarter and more resistant to old lead generation methods. As the real estate industry moves more and more to an online lead capture structure, agents need to be aware of the vastly different customer service that is required. 



The no. 1 area agents can work at in order to achieve the maximum ROI on their lead processes is:

Know Jane Doe’s Tier:
  • I Am Ready to Move: I will input my data into your lead capturing site and visit it regularly. I am okay with you reaching out to me and actually expect that quick response because I would really like to go see some houses this week. If you do not get ahold of me, I will use the first agent to reach out because they are providing me with what I need.
  • I Am Seeking Information to Possibly Move in the Next 6 mo.: I will input my data into your lead generation site and visit regularly. If you reach out to me, please start with small touches. Emails, area information, etc, when I get closer to coming to the city I am planning on moving, please contact me then.
  • I Am Seeking Information to Possibly Move in the Next Few Years: I will input my data into your lead capturing site and visit in pulses. I do not want a hard touch ‘phone call’ from you yet. Please maintain the wall of privacy even if you can see every time I login and search (because honestly, that is just a little creepy). I feel protected here and may be pushed away if you are too prompt.
  • I Am Seeking Information to Stay Informed. Not Planning on Moving: I will input data, it may or may not be my own, into your lead capturing site and explore. If there is a promise of information when I fill the personal information out, I would like that information sent to me readily. If you reach out to me, I will be clear about my intentions and please respect those. I do not want your sales pitch but if you do provide me with valuable content, you will be on my mind if I choose to engage in real estate.

  

Each of these is a gross generalization of where people find themselves in life, but if you are able to discern the subtle differences in what stage a consumer is at, the consumer will be satiated by your level of performance. The trick is that it must come across seamlessly—automated AND personalized just for them. This is a tug-of-war game between perceived value, satisfaction and in the end, loyalty/obligation. Consumers are looking to be delighted (Lee, Lee, & Feick, 2001; Oliver, 1999) and have superior value delivered to them. The more specifically a real estate agent can glean just what the online lead is looking for, the faster, more accurately and more appropriately the lead can be nurtured.

Comments

Popular Posts