Finding The Right Real Estate Agent To Sell Your Home
The ability to interview and evaluate real estate agents before clients entrust them with listing their home is one skill that some have naturally, but it is not something many clients even think about prior to entering a real estate office. Because of this industry wide norm, the most common questions asked are: You know them: How long have you been in the business? How many properties have you sold? What commission rate do you charge? (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/where-we-live/post/finding-the-right-real-estate-agent-to-sell-your-home/2013/02/01/e00b094e-6bc7-11e2-8740-9b58f43c191a_blog.html)
The veil that is created by these questions are the core at what a client is looking for when they seek out an agent—who is going to net you the most from your sale and do it in the least amount of time. Agent performance matters and it is useful to have a tool by which clients can measure this performance. Here are a few fields clients should ask about and not be thrown off by the ‘standard’ answers:
- Internet—Agents will tell you that your liste. As a reference point, our office syndicates to nearly on hundred real estate sites as well as getting one entire website built just for the listing.
View Some Of Our Listing Websites Here
- Stats—Once a listing is up online, are the statistics trackable? If they are, will you as the client have access to these stats? How will I know how many people view my property online? A top performing agent/company has tools and systems to provide this information to you.
- Video—Two routes can be taken for video purpose but it is essential. Fading photos are in many cases superior to a live streaming video. It goes through the house in a fluid tour. A video is a must have. High Quality photos to support the video and for all other online marketing is a must. Walk out if this is not part of the package.
- Response Time—If someone is inquiring on the listing, what are the systems in place for that agent to get the information needed? How quickly does this happen? A decision can be made within a few minutes time.
- Mobile Real Estate—This is a breakout new genre, but buyers are using it. Ask your agent if they having mobile aps.
Finally, ASK FOR A DEMONSTRATION OF ALL THESE. Put them on the line to ‘prove it.’ Toe the line and get the best service for this high risk, high value, and high stress time in a seller’s life.