International Real Estate Buying Tips
Real Estate is complex enough. When buying abroad, five simple guidelines will help buyers stay safe.
- Know your contract! If it is in a foreign language, trust your translator as much as you do your realtor.
- Apart from having a real estate professional look at it, have a legal professional look over any contracts too.
- Double check to make sure you do not inherit the properties debt.
- Allow for a cool off period (this is good advice for any big decision!) just because it is foreign and a big decision, it will easily slip into a mindset of impulse.
- Plan to pay your mortgage in the currency you earn it in if possible as to avoid the expense of exchange.
For more tips on Real Estate (or foreign travel!) email me!